Tuesday 20 October 2009

Tip for Tuesday

A couple of years ago, while packing to come home from a wonderful holiday in Florida, I pulled out a bag of new unopened nail polish. This one was my favourite, isn't it lovely?



Well it was until the bottle jumped out of the bag and fell onto the floor. The neck of the bottle broke off spilling bright red nail polish all over the beautiful carpet.


OOOPS!!!!

I really went into panic mode. I had visions of paying for a new carpet for the entire upper floor!

Firstborn Angel and her friend came to the rescue with nail polish remover whilst Next born Angel took me to the supermarket to get more!!
We managed to remove 98% leaving a slight stain. This really worried me as I did not want to leave any marks or damage to the wonderful house we were staying in.
That night I was reading one of the fabulous American magazines that we all buy when we visit and I found this hint:

For any stains remaining in carpets after cleaning, lay a damp towel over the stain and press with a hot iron, keep doing that till the stain disappears.

To my amazement, every bit of the stain disappeared. Take care not to flatten the pile though. This really works!!!
I did thank any Angels who inspired me to read the article in the first place!

Phew! Thanks!!!

Kindest wishes and love to you all

9 comments:

Kelly said...

What a stroke of luck! you were being looked after that day!!!
Great tip! thanks :)

Lots of Love

Kelly xxx

Michela said...

..phew! Do you think your fantastic tip will work also for chewing gum?! Some years ago a dear friend glued with his shoes a chewing gum on my car's carpet...I tried with some ice, but it's still there! Grrr! xxx

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Yummy nail colour!
When my son spilt bubble mixture over the summer it stained and I've never managed to get it out! I shall try this tip when I get chance, thanks! :) Xx

BadPenny said...

ooh our carpets are terribly stained - too many animals 7 messy hubby & kidz !

I'm very careful in other peoples's houses !!! oops there goes the red wine

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

That was a stroke of luck for you!!!

Victoria x

Unknown said...

Thanks for that tip!!
Loving your blog hun!!
I've entered you into my giveaway as you have followed my blog!
hope you dont mind!
Annie x

koralee said...

Lovely shade but really not so all over the carpet...thanks for the tip..with 3 girls in our home we have spilled nail polished all the time! xoxoxo

Pomona said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comment! A very handy tip you have given us there!

Pomona x

TCake said...

how lucky were you!... colour is lovely... OPI is best nail polish ever!. Tx